- 3 pieces in total
- approximately 100g per piece
- Origin: Japan
- Pour sake into the Crab Shell then cook it over an open flame;
- Makes an ideal accompaniment to sushi rice.
- Store in the freezer at -18°C.
- Before cooking, leave the stuffed crab shell at room temperature until the content is softened.
The yellowish green paste stuffing in the crab shell is the much-coveted crab innards or kani miso. The “miso” in kani miso indeed refers to crab innards subject to its texture and color, rather than the miso used in soup.
Add sake to the crab shell then grill it over an open flame, the heat enhances the umami flavor of kani miso with an appetizing smoky flavor, making it a perfect side dish even a satisfying meal.