- approximately 16 to 20 pieces of Canadian spot shrimps
- 1kg each box
- Origin: Canada
- Edible after defrosting and best to serve with sashimi soy sauce and wasabi;
- Shrimp head makes flavorful base for soups;
- Cold beer perfectly complements grilled crispy shrimp head.
- Store in the freezer at -18°C.
- Submerge the shrimps in drinking water for one minute. Pour the water away, then leave the shrimps at room temperature for one minute;
- Repeat this process three to four times, enjoy the shrimps once the flesh is softened.
Canadian spot shrimps (Pandalus platyceros) are usually associated with Japanese botan-ebi, both belonging to the highest class of marine delicacies. Spot shrimps are wild harvested by traps along the deep rocky ocean floor where the water is pure and clean. They are harvested for a very short period of time throughout the year and are appreciated for their sweet, delicate flavor and firm texture.
To preserve optimal freshness, all our spot shrimps are processed then frozen aboard the ship immediately upon capture, they will certainly make premium sashimi-grade shrimp of connoisseur's choice.